Summary of Key Job Function
The technician is responsible for providing Millennium’s customers and physicians’ professional and efficient resolutions to their telephone and CRM requests. The technician’s objective is to provide customers with the right medication, delivered at the right time to the right customer location. In addition to working with our customers, the technician is responsible for supporting pharmacists and coworkers in the efficient and accurate dispensing of residents’ medications. The successful candidate is a flexible, self-directed; individual who is able to produce excellent work results by following company procedures in the execution of his/her work.
Essential Job Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required (some college experience preferred).
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office applications, and familiarity with customer service CRM application are preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented with excellent problem-solving and follow through skills.
- Good mathematical skills are necessary
- Pharmacy technician certification is preferred, or as required by state regulations
- Knowledge or experience with automated prescription drug dispensing equipment is a major plus.
- Strong work ethic and desire to serve our customers and residents.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Strong understanding of, and adherence to, Millennium Pharmacy’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Answer inbound customer and physician calls in a professional, courteous and accurate manner in accordance with company standards.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to customer requests submitted via Millennium’s CRM system.
- Fill prescription orders in an accurate manner that is compliant with state and federal regulations.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude when dealing with Millennium Pharmacy’s customers, employees and suppliers.
- Operate and maintain Millennium’s dispensing equipment including: drug replenishment, preventative maintenance and cleaning with a high degree of accuracy.
- Use aseptic technique in the preparation of intravenous (IV) and compounded medications under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Use aseptic technique in the cleaning of IV pumps.
- Maintain knowledge of pharmacy rules and government regulations and maintains compliance at all times.
- Train and mentor new technicians.
- Actively participate in pharmacy quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate “leadership by example” in projecting a positive attitude, and involvement in Millennium Pharmacy employee activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice, as needed.
- Attend staff meetings, teleconferences and patient care conferences as needed.
- Ability to lift a minimum weight of 35 pounds, and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, bending, walking, stretching, reaching, and use full range of body motions.
- Understand and follow Millennium’s employee policies and procedures.
Millennium Pharmacy Systems - 19 months ago
Millennium Pharmacy Systems (or MPS) has a long-term technology solution for the long-term care industry. Its MPSRx system incorporates...