Working under the general direction of a registered pharmacist, performs pharmacy related functions. In compliance with the Departmental policies and procedures, this individual contributes to the provision of optimal pharmaceutical care of the patients at the University of Chicago Hospitals.
1. Current Illinois Pharmacy Technician License.
2. High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
3. Illinois Pharmacy Technician Certification is highly desirable.
Training and Experience:
1. Minimum of one year pharmacy experience, or
2. Completion of an ASHP approved pharmacy technician vocational course, or
3. Student enrolled in a college of pharmacy or at the University of Chicago. Graduates of foreign pharmacy programs are also eligible for consideration.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Ability to work as a team player to accomplish optimal patient care by providing superior pharmaceutical services.
2. Good communication skills to interact with patients and staff.
3. Considerable knowledge of basic pharmacy practices and procedures.
4. Considerable knowledge of medications and medical supplies.
5. Good knowledge of record keeping practices.
6. Successful completion of core technician competencies and subsequent yearly competencies.
7. Considerable skill in working with attention to detail.
8. Considerable verbal communications skills.
9. Familiar with computers and keyboard usage.
10. Sensitivity to patient care issues as they pertain t the practice of pharmacy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
University of Chicago Medicine - 12 months ago