Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist in preparation of medications for distribution to long term care facilities based on the physician orders and prescriptions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the pharmacist(s) on duty as their primary responsibility; performing these duties as the number one priority
- Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner, under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Assists in processing returned drugs and recycle/dispose per procedure
- Review facility pre-list and prepare 31 day cards with the appropriate drug for the full fill
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location
- Full job description available upon request
Education, Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Registration as a pharmacy technician in the state of Florida is required.
- Must learn abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons c., for interpreting prescriptions for filling.
- Pharmacy experience (0-6 months) is preferred..
- Team player and multi-tasking skills are preferred.
- Self starter that can work alone or in a group setting.
- Sense of Urgency is required.
- Good communication skills and customer service are required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Computer knowledge is required.
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc. Click on the Omnicare link to see a complete list.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 21 months ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...