TITLE: Phased Array Technician
FLSA : Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Branch or Branch Operations Manager
Attendance Requirements: Works a fluctuating schedule dependant on project needs.
Perform some or all of the various methods and techniques typically utilized in Ultrasonic Testing. Flaw Detection and Sizing utilizing Phased Array UT, Shearwave and Longitudinal Wave is required. Perform inspections on a variety of components in the refining, petrochemical, power and construction industries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Perform tasks to the extent certified and qualified in.
· Set-up and calibrate equipment,
· Conduct tests with Ultrasonic Testing automated and semi-automated UT Phased Array equipment i.e. Olympus Omniscan or TD Handy Scan.
· Conduct tests in the basic NDT methods to the extent certified and qualified in.
· Interpret, evaluate, and document results through formal reports.
· Direct the work of trainees and Level I personnel in the method(s) in which certified and capable of.
· Provide direction and guidance with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
· Work with minimal supervision.
· Write procedures, and/or develop inspection techniques, which must be approved by a Level III
· Assist account managers with quoting projects as needed.
· Assist Operations Manager with project scheduling as needed.
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Carry out other job-related tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
· High School graduate or equivalent
· Must have prior certification as an NDT Level II technician with the ability to meet company certification standards.
· Requires Five (5) plus years experience and certification as a Level II in MT, PT, and UT Shearwave required. Documented classroom training of UT Phased Array (80 hours minimum)
· Previous experience and knowledge of advanced UT applications such as Phased Array, Tip Diffraction, IGSCC & TOFD a plus
· Must be computer literate and be able to write good reports.
· Must possess some specific advanced methods training and experience.
· Excellent communication skills- written and verbal preferred.
· Proven ability in report writing required.
· Ability to function in a team environment a must.
· Must have a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC Card) or be able to acquire one within eight (8) weeks of hire date.
· Must be able to travel out of town 50% or more of the time.
· Must have a valid driver's license.
· Must be able to work various shifts
· Must be able to obtain unescorted nuclear plant access.
· Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
· Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
· Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
· Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
· May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
· May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties.
· Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
· Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations;
· Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
· Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
· Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please select "Apply Now" to begin filling out your profile information.
Team Industrial Services, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard