• Learn the organization’s products/services, IT functions and policies in preparation towards working within the ITCA group.
• Pursue a defined course of basic training, covering the organization’s products/services, business process, and policies as outlined in the PHast Track Program.
• Learn criteria business processes and the facets involved in each process.
• Worked with experienced personnel within various business functions to understand the day to day tasks associated with the various job responsibilities and the IT interaction affiliated with these tasks.
• Work within the ITCA organization to learn the internal procedures utilized within each group.
• Immerse in the working teams of the IT Service group, the IT Technical group, and the IT Application group to understand the various functions of each. Examples of related responsibilities include:
• Field incoming calls for ITCA Service Desk, and create and prioritize cases.
• Provide business systems support by diagnosing and resolving technical issues for both software and hardware.
• Coordinate and develop support documentation for use by users and ITCA personnel.
• Monitor and maintain data warehouse ETL activities, as well as develop and test reports.
• Assist with networking, database and system administration activities, including both hardware and software-
• related efforts.
• Effectively communicate with the entire Phoenix Contact team, verbally and written.
• Spend time accompanying the sales team on Infomobile to understand the IT technology utilized on this marketing vehicle.
• Prepare reports on the subject matter covered and execute special assignments designed to indicate progress.
• Continue personal development through an effective skill building program as determined by the director and management of IT, and/or the Harrisburg Training Department.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Management Information Systems.
• Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively.
• Ability to prioritize projects and assignments.
• Strong organization skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Working knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Excellant presentation skills.
• Detailed reporting skills.
• Must be able to navigate and research the WWW.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Must be able to travel via airplane.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and travel via automobile for up to six hours at a time.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. (sample, demos, literature).
• Must be able to travel overnight.
• Comply with company dress code guidelines.
• Punctuality in all aspects is required.
• Attendance in accordance with company policies and participation in local, regional, and international meetings.
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for exrtended periods of time (2-4 hours).
• Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours).
• Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written English.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION: (if applicable)