About This Job
Are you a systems person who loves to code? Are you a programmer who loves playing with hardware? Join us as a DevOps Intern! Help us optimize a data center with many hundreds of machines and operate a Hadoop cluster spanning 14+ cabinets and containing over a petabyte of capacity. We write code to make administering that hardware a breeze, and work on projects alongside the rest of the LiveRamp software engineering team. Your responsibility will be to do whatever it takes to get the job done. One day it could be installing racks of machines, the next day it could be writing code to optimize our API. |
- Maintain and grow our existing hardware/software infrastructure.
- Create tools for managing our massive hardware resources; fight to make our server: sysadmin ratio ridiculously high.
- Optimize like crazy; squeeze every bit of performance out of our servers.
- Work closely with developers to solve systems problems. Blur the line between ops and dev.
- Help build a great company.
- Strong preference for students who are Juniors and Seniors.
- Smart, friendly, get stuff done.
- Currently an undergrad or grad student.
- Looking for a full-time internship. (Local students may apply for part-time. We can work with your class schedule.)
- Loves hardware. Probably owns a soldering iron.
- Lives at the command line.
- Likes to code. Our ops team is unique; we are part of the development team.
- Intensely driven and proactive.
- This is a paid internship - we understand your value.
- Potential to develop into a full-time position.
- Flexible hours - there's someone here until at least 12am most days anyway.
- Work with some of the most talented engineers in the industry.
- Thriving culture: events such as weekly yoga, game nights, and RampCamp.
- Casual, open office environment and fully stocked kitchen.
- Work in the heart of San Francisco - the best city in the world.
LiveRamp is the leading data onboarder, empowering marketers to use their customer database in their choice of online advertising platforms...