PURPOSE: To serve in the capacity of an executive administrative assistant to the Director of Philanthropy who is responsible for multi-faceted fundraising programs to meet the annual and long range financial goals of the organization. Programs include major gifts, planned gifts, annual giving, direct mail appeals, foundation grants, corporation gifts as well as community benefit programming.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This is an executive administrative position under the guidance of the Director of Philanthropy and in conjunction with one other administrative staff member in the department. Included (but not exclusively) this position is responsible for:
1. Maintaining the donor database and back up weekly.
2. Recording gifts and processing checks and credit cards daily.
3. Writing personalized thank you letters within 24-48 hours of receiving gifts.
4. Managing a Stewardship Program to improve and cultivate donor relationships.
5. Tracking all gifts and weekly reporting to Director of Philanthropy.
6. Maintaining donor hard files for individuals, corporations and foundations.
7. Writing fundraising solicitation letters for targeting mailings.
8. Scheduling meetings, special events, luncheons and other activities.
9. Coordinating all philanthropy mailings.
10. Researching individuals, corporations and foundations.
11. Managing the grants program and coordinating the master grants calendar.
12. Preparing grant applications.
13. Providing staff support to the Philanthropy/Marketing Committee and the Board of Trustees in conjunction with their fundraising responsibilities.
14. Participating in department quality improvement activities and like programs.
15. Managing the philanthropy section of the website.
16. Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Philanthropy.
Date of Listing
40 Hours Per Week
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires the ability to accurately and timely perform all essential functions of the job satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities of personnel placed in similar or the same positions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities, adapt to change, to work independently and to prioritize effectively.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to offer creative and innovative ways to streamline procedures to meet philanthropy objectives.
- Foster teamwork in an open and creative environment.
- Advanced computer skills including Raisers Edge, Power Point, Excel, MS Word.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making skills, effective problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization and with outside agencies.
- High degree of integrity, diplomacy and discretion is essential.
> Degree in communications and/or marketing.
> Experience in the healthcare industry or with a nonprofit organization.
> Experience with Raisers Edge preferred.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is that of an office environment typical of a medical practice, hospital or clinic. There may be limited exposure to communicable disease. The job requires extended periods of sitting, some standing, bending, stooping and walking. Work may require hand dexterity for telephone and office machine operation as well as computer keyboarding. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Some travel may be required.
Employee must pass the Sansum Clinic pre-placement physical screening exam.
Sansum Clinic - 15 months ago