to learn more.
Provides administrative support for Director of Philanthropy, as well as Philanthropy team as needed, including but not limited to: handling correspondence, fundraising database updates and reports, agendas, budget reports, events. Handles expense reports, timesheets and travel arrangements for Director of Philahthropy. Also sets up meetings and handles all logistics accordingly. Also provides gift entry backup support if needed and assists with office-wide administrative support and phone coverage, as needed. Frequent interaction with vendors, staff throughout the Illinois Chapter, and staff in other Conservancy offices.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1 year related experience or equivalent combination, or high school diploma plus 2 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience in MS Office: proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years related experience or equivalent combination, or high school diploma plus 2-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office: proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Requires database management skills and ability to produce reports. Ability to used advanced computer functions including navigating the Internet. Experience using a fundraising database a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize time and manage diverse activities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with trustees, high-level donors and other volunteers in person or by phone with the highest level of professionalism.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, a 401k plan, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 41442, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 1, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration. The information entered in the education and work experience sections are auto screened by the system based on the basic qualifications of the position.
You must click
to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
applicant user guide
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 5 months ago