Full-time, benefit eligible, tenure-track faculty position on an academic year renewable appointment.
- This position will remain open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on October 29, 2012. Initial round of interviews will be conducted via telephone or video conference. Send complete dossier consisting of a CV, at least three letters of recommendation, a scholarly writing sample and teaching portfolio that includes syllabi, student evaluations, and a statement on the candidate’s understanding of teaching electronically to Suzie.Franzoni@nau.edu or by mail to: Search Chair, Department of Philosophy, Box 6011, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6011. Tel.: (928) 523-2648.
- Assistant Professor will teach 3 courses each semester of the academic term (Fall, Spring) as assigned by the Academic Chair of Department of Philosophy, will conduct research with the primary goal of publication in professional journals, and perform service activities in the department, college, university (and local community if possible).
- Ph.D. in Philosophy, completed by start date, and post-secondary teaching experience with primary responsibility for course design and instruction in at least one course.
- Area of Specialization (AOS): open.
- Area of Teaching Competence (AOC): Department has needs for faculty able to contribute to a new and growing Philosophy, Politics, and Law (PPL) degree program, including informal logic, decision theory, ethics, philosophy of law, political philosophy, and philosophy of economics. We welcome applicants from either the Analytic or Continental tradition.
- Ability to contribute to philosophy of mind or philosophy of religion is also valued, but less so than contributions to PPL degree program.
- Teaching excellence in an increasingly diverse university community, an active research program and some committee and advising work will be required.
- Northern Arizona University is a 25,000-student institution with its main campus in Flagstaff, a four-season community of about 65,000 at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks. NAU’s emphasis on undergraduate education is complemented by its graduate programs and research as well as distance learning. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes. The university is committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment. We invite applications for this position from qualified persons who share our commitment to diversity and equal opportunity. . NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, persons with a disability, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
- $52,000 per year. $2,600 moving allowance.
- This position will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on October 29, 2012.
Northern Arizona University - 10 months ago