• High school diploma, completion of accredited laboratory program or military laboratory training. •6 months to 1 year phlebotomy experience. Pediatric experience generally required. •Computer and/or keyboard experience. • Collects blood by means of venipuncture from adults. - Collects urine specimens according to standard laboratory practice. specimens • Good customer service skills. Ability to interact effectively and communicate proficiently with hospital staff, patients, physicians, and others. • Good problem resolution skills. • Basic computer literacy. • Eligible for certification by National Phleb. Assoc., ASCP, CIMLE or other accredited institution; certification within 12 months of hire • Certification preferred • Hazardous chemical exposure and contact with infectious biological specimens and sharps are experienced on a daily basis. • Ability to lift (medium20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10-25 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly) and use keyboard extensively. • Ability to transport phlebotomy equipment/supplies throughout the work site may be required, dependent upon job and shift assignment. • Fast paced environment with established time constraints.
This position is located in Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital Physician Office building at: 3000 N Halsted STE 201, Chicago IL 60657. Hours for this position are as follows: Monday-Friday 0900-1730 with Saturday rotations of 0700-1530, one day off in a week and no work on Sundays.
Under the direction of the regional supervisor, perform daily activities of the Patient Service Center (PSC)/In-office Phlebotomist, accurately and timely. Maintain a safe and professional environment. Performs both clinical and forensic specimen collection and processing duties following established policies and procedures. Maintains required records and documentation. Demonstrates organizational commitment and promotes a positive image to patients, clients, associates and the public in general following all established behavioral guidelines.
1. Performs patient intake/registration following established operational and safety protocols.
2. Collects laboratory specimens to include blood, throat and nasal cultures, urine, urine drug screen and invasive nasopharyngeal swab collections, from patients of all ages in accordance with accepted laboratory standards, policies and procedures (operational and safety) in order to ensure optimal specimen integrity and accurate test results 3. Triages and processes laboratory specimens efficiently and accurately in accordance with accepted laboratory standards, policies and procedures (operational and safety) in order to ensure optimal specimen integrity and accurate test results.
4. Performs the required tasks related to the daily operations of a specimen collection site.
5. Maintains competency in technical skills and assists in the orientation and training of newly hired phlebotomists and processing personnel.
Advocate Health Care
- 2 years ago - save job
Advocating wellness in Chicagoland from Palos Heights to Palatine, Advocate Health Care is a not-for-profit, integrated health care network...