Conduct blood donor health history screening to determine eligibility or complete donor phlebotomy in addition to multiple blood drive support activities. Demonstrate excellence in customer service and public relations to promote a positive, professional image of the American Red Cross Biomedical Services.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
1. Comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines.
2. Perform whole blood collection procedures (allogeneic, autologous, directed, therapeutic) or conduct donor health history screening procedures.
3. Perform drive set-up, donor greeting, collection set labeling, processing and packing blood, donor reaction care as assigned.
4. Perform daily function checks, assemble and maintain supplies and equipment to ensure a state of readiness and to maintain compliance.
5. Function with team effort to ensure efficient donation process focused on donor and sponsor expectations. Maintain positive public relations to promote a professional image.
6. May operate any ARC vehicle. Operate assigned vehicle according to applicable regulations. May perform vehicle checks and complete DOT paperwork per established protocol. Perform vehicle loading and unloading as assigned.
7. Complete required readings and training assignments by assigned deadline.
8. Perform other related duties as necessary.
This position is a field position going all over South Orange County.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Medical assistant or phlebotomy training is preferred. Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Basic computer skills desirable.
The American Red Cross is where people mobilize to help their neighbors—down the street, across the country, and around the world—in...