PURPOSE AND SCOPE :
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Under the direction of his/her Supervisor, the phlebotomist accurately performs daily phlebotomy activities of the Patient Service Center (PSC) and/or client facilities.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
CUSTOMER SERVICE :
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- Completes collection of routine blood specimens.
- Verifies patients’ identity prior to specimen collection and labels specimens accurately.
- Washes hands or utilizes waterless sanitization, prior to and following each patient encounter.
- Assembles equipment such as tourniquet, needles and disposable containers, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton and alcohol, on work tray according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
- Records temperature of refrigerator and freezer accurately and communicates unacceptable limits to responsible parties immediately, where applicable.
- Completes all procedures during a scheduled shift without compromising patient safety, customer service and quality.
- Sterilizes cooler and tool box monthly.
- Disposes of medical waste in accordance with safety regulations.
- Delivers medical wastes in closed Sharps containers to Laboratory at least once per month.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and ensures that equipment has not expired.
- Prioritizes work to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Conducts daily specimen counts and logs activity on the daily specimen count form.
- Keeps the PSC clean and organized, where applicable.
- Reads, understands and complies with the departments’ protocols, policies and procedures.
- Performs duties in an independent manner without supervision.
- Accurately completes and submits travel and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree or equivalent from a college or technical school or Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy certification.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS :
At least one year of experience as a phlebotomist or similar experience preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate with Managers, Clients, Customers and the general public. Ability to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner. Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communication. Customer service in a service environment preferred .
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...