Perform under supervision, routine and specialized blood venipunctures in an age appropriate manner from patients to obtain specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Perform whole blood bedside testing from fingerstick blood specimens. May also assist in the preparation of specimens for testing |
1. Obtain specimens for laboratory testing as assigned.
2. Demonstrate proficiency on performing all computer related activities required of the phlebotomy department.
3. Accurately report patient laboratory data to physicians and nurses.
4. Maintain phlebotomy tray and work areas in a sanitary condition.
5. Adhere to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
6. Promptly report all problems, discrepancies, or abnormal results to the supervisor.
7. Participate in the orientation and training of new employees as assigned by the supervisor.
8. Establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative attitude with coworkers, physicians, patients, visitors, and other hospital employees.
9. Maintain patient confidentiality.
10. Perform any other duties as requested by the department supervisor.
Steward Health Care - 21 months ago