If you are interested in an exciting career in the biopharmaceutical or medical field you’ve come to the right place. At Octapharma Plasma you can channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is fast-paced and personally and professionally rewarding. Whether you are just beginning your career or you have experience in the medical field, we have many exciting opportunities for you to consider.
The Phlebotomist is responsible for executing the plasmapheresis process by performing venipunctures.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Reviews donor charts for accuracy and completeness
- Labels and ensures each unit and samples are labeled accurately
- Sets up and prepares all equipment and disposable supplies for venipuncture and plasmapheresis procedure
- Operates the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
- Monitors donors for reactions and equipment operations to ensure donor safety and quality of product
- Ensures donor confidentiality, meet customer service expectations, greet and acknowledge donors as they are assigned to donation area and after completing donation process
- Oversees and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work area between donors
Octapharma Plasma offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Phlebotomy certificate or license (as required by state)
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to understand and follow protocol
- Able to make accurate and complete documentation
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to perform venipunctures
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts on a frequent basis