This is a Seasonal Position. This position will last from now until the end of October. There may be opportunities to beome regualr team members at the end of the busy season, but there is no guarantee of that.
Primary position involved in creating photo mementos for visitors. Takes photos of guests in line as they proceed to embark on vessel to visit Alcatraz Island.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Take photos of guests in line waiting to board a vessel to Alcatraz Island
· Use standard still camera for pictures lacking complications, such as speed, motion, color and contrast
· Provide customer service by answering guest questions and whatever other ways will make the guests happy.
· Assist the Security Agents in cueing guests to proper places in lines
RESPECT OUR PLANET RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Understand and follow all RESPECT procedures that relate to your job duties.
· Work with a “safety-first” attitude.
· Minimize your impact on the environment when at work.
· Treat our customers with RESPECT at all times.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Operate photo lab equipment to print photos
· As needed, fulfill Safety and Security Role
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Alcatraz Cruises from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Crewmembers with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Take on other related duties, as required.
- As needed, sell photo products to guests
Upon employment, all crewmembers are required to fully comply with Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations. Employees who violate Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skill sets to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Problem solving —the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· Communications —the individual must speak clearly so listeners can understand and recognize and understand the speech of another person.
· Demonstrated ability —Ability to take high quality photos of guests.
· Customer service —the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
· Planning/organizing —the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
· Quality control —the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
· Quantity —meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
· Adaptability —the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Dependability —the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Safety and security —the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Basic knowledge of photographic techniques, equipment, and processes required.
- Demonstrated experience as a photographer by providing examples of work is required
- Customer service experience preferred