This position creates photo and video content for use by all Consumer Reports outlets, Communications, Marketing and Fund Raising Departments and for use in departmental, inter-departmental, and company-wide presentations.
• College degree or equivalent background with 5 or more years’ professional photography experience
• Proficiency in the operation and use of professional digital camera systems, studio lighting and accessories, Mac computers, photo capture and editing software, as well as photographic technique in the studio and on location.
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Ability to collaborate with various levels of co-workers
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to use independent judgment to meet rigid deadlines.
• Create photographic content for use by all Consumer Reports outlets (i.e.,
Consumer Reports, Shop Smart, CRO, iPad, Newsletters, SIP’s, etc.); print and
• Create photographic content for use in departmental, inter-departmental, and
• Consult with art directors, photo program leader, photo studio manager, editors, project leaders, technicians and department heads regarding current and future projects being readied for publication. Work closely with project leaders to convey accurate representations of product function and uses.
• Create photographic content for the Communications, Marketing and Fund Raising Departments upon request. This includes, but is not limited to, advertising, public relations, promotions, how-we-test, and various other functions that Consumers Union performs as normal business operations.
• Carry out and monitor assigned in-house and on-location projects, informing Photo Program Leader and/or Creative Director of assignment status.
• Create video content of various product angles/views, product function, test procedures, test personnel in the lab environment and at location test sites; upon special request.
• May receive assignments from Photo Program Leader and/or Photo Workflow Specialist
• Performs other duties as assigned
ConsumerReports.org - 11 months ago