PHY Modem Systems Engineer
$80 - 100K/year
COMPANY PROFILE :
- Our client is well established in San Diego, California, and, is an R&D center dedicated to creating cutting-edge wireless and networking solutions for wireless communication products and prominently focused on consumer electronics and medical systems.
- They are dedicated to the development of innovative solutions with low-power, low cost, high-throughput, and easy-to-use attributes.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Medical: High deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with United Health Care + Health Savings Account, Basic PPO with United Health Care, HMO with Kaiser Permanente
- Vision/Dental (Both PPO), Vision with NVA, Dental with UCCI
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: PHY Modem Systems Engineer
The candidate will work on research and development of prototype for future wireless products. This includes PHY layer specification, algorithm design, simulation, and implementation. The candidate should have 2+ years of industry experience and a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
COMMUNITY: San Diego, CA
- Develop PHY/modem system specification and design documents.
Perform PHY/modem system simulation, and development in Simulink/Matlab and in C environment.
- Deliver fixed-point C code for hardware implementation.
Collaborate with other teams to develop specification, conduct implementation and verification.
- Generate intellectual property and publications.
- San Diego is a major city in California, located on the coast of the Pacific Ocean in
- Southern California
- San Diego is the birthplace of California and is known for its mild year-round climate, natural deep-water harbor, extensive beaches, long association with the U.S. Navy, and recent emergence as a healthcare and biotechnology development center.
- San Diego was ranked as the 20th safest city in America in 2013 by Business Insider. According to Forbes magazine, San Diego was the ninth-safest city in the top 10 list of safest cities in the U.S. in 2010.
- There are many sites to visit in San Diego such as the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and LEGOLAND.
BACKGROUND PROFILE: PHY Modem Systems Engineer
- MS/PhD in EE or CS on communication theory and/or digital signal processing.
2+ years of industry experience in modem design.
- Extensive knowledge of PHY layer standards: WLAN, Bluetooth, cellular, and 802.15.
- PHY/modem development experience for embedded systems.
Fluent in C/C++ programming for both floating-point and fixed-point design.
Industry knowledge of RF architecture and MAC protocols.
Experience in cross-layer design between MAC and PHY, as well as PHY control mechanisms s.t. transmit power control, rate adaptation, and adaptive modulation and coding.
Experience in hardware RTL design and high-level synthesis (s.t. SystemC).
Please contact Daniel Oliver Sr Technical Rcruiter directly at email@example.com
Elwood Staffing - 5 months ago
Better opportunities. Better balance. Better match. Whatever better means to you, we’re the people who make it possible.