Job Title: Physical Damage Claim Field Manager
Job ID: 03294
Division : Claims Operations
Work Location(s): United States-Georgia-Field Location
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manager must reside in Atlanta or surrounding counties.
This is a field position
Selected candidate will work from home
A company vehicle will be provided
Selected candidate will manage 5 Physical Damage Field Adjuster
The Physical Damage Claim Field Manager provides leadership and management direction to achieve efficient physical damage claim handling and quality customer service for moderately to highly complex claims that require on-site inspection. This first line management position is responsible for developing the skills of individuals and motivating them to perform at their maximum ability. Directs and supervises individuals and unit operations to comply with established company standards and procedures. Exhibits effective interpersonal skills and diplomacy in all communications with our customers, employees, agents, and the public. Facilitates continuous development of people, processes, and culture to ensure customer service industry leadership.
- Administrative / Management of Claims Operation (20%)
- Manages the claim operation in the auto branch claim manager's absence, as directed. Observes performance of office and field assigned personnel in their working environment and provides feedback. Supervises field adjusters inspection work and performs reinspections work for quality control.
- Responds to inquiries and handles complaints from individuals or their representatives, insurance departments, Consumer Affairs, and other agencies. Performs as liaison with body shops, salvage yards and other external vendors.
- Directs the use of the company on-line processing system, vehicle computerized estimating system, personal computer, and applicable software. May conduct training of agency staff and/or casualty adjusters on physical damage issues.
- Has a complete understanding of the Auto, Motorcycle, and Watercraft policies and any applicable endorsements; this includes knowledge of underwriting intent.
- Directs the use of the company on-line processing system, vehicle computerized estimating system, personal computer, and applicable software.
- Stays current with changes in vehicle construction and repair technology through available resources and distributes information to proper personnel. Is aware of safety related repair issues and advanced vehicle systems.
- First Line Management/Leadership for Individual Unit or Team (20%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyzes unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.
- Agency Relationship (20%)
- Establishes rapport with agents and builds on-going relationships by including agents in the claim handling process as appropriate.
- Facilitates communication between customers, agents, vendors, third party administrators and other employees. Proactively provides agents with important claim related information; provides all parties with claim process and status as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Explains and discusses any circumstances that may affect customer service with agency, vendors, third party administrators or other claim personnel. Includes agents in problem resolution as appropriate.
- Provides agents with claim handling information via phone conversations, office visits or presentations at district meetings.
- Claim File Management and Quality Control (15%)
- Reviews files, guides and provides feedback on moderately to highly complex claim file investigation with a focus on customer service, accuracy and timeliness. Ensures seamless file coordinating with the activities initiated by the customer care center. Acts as a reference for adjusters.
- Reviews claim files and provides direction for claim handling procedures. Directs file management activities. Refers losses to intra-company departments, outside vendors, and other offices within guidelines.
- Directs and handles claims of a sensitive nature including those of agents and employees. Performs physical damage re-inspections. Maintains confidentiality of claim file content, reinspection reports, and claim file reviews. Adheres to company guidelines and governmental regulations for the handling of salvage. Works toward maximum recovery through the development of sound salvage procedures. Retains proper records for internal and external audits.
- Supervises and directs claim files to resolution for claims exceeding individual adjuster file authority. Assigns and adjusts authority levels as appropriate. Identifies staffing needs to adjust files efficiently and effectively.
- Explains correct repair methods and identifies the industry approved equipment needed to complete the repairs. Reviews completed physical damage assignments or body shop estimates and, when appropriate, takes action. May conduct training of agency staff and/or casualty adjusters on physical damage issues.
- Manages field adjusters in remote locations who are responsible for the most complex claims. Rides along with field adjusters to evaluate work quality.
- Investigation and Research (15%)
- Participates in legal and other official proceedings as requested.
- Researches contractual issues to determine if coverage applies and makes denials when appropriate.
- Identifies potentially fraudulent claims and directs the proper course of action. May request the involvement of the Special Investigations Unit, Branch Claim Committee, and Legal and Underwriting Departments.
- Recognizes the need for non-waivers and, if required, composes reservation of rights and excess letters. May obtain extensions to answer time demands and lawsuits.
- Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (10%)
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision-making.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Lead Change
- Lead Corp Vision & Strategy
- Lead People
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Building a Successful Team
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of Casualty claim handling processes.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of casualty policy language, coverages and underwriting intent.
- Maintains a flexible and positive attitude.
- Successful experience in a claim administrator, specialist, examiner, or role with equivalent exhibited knowledge, skills and performance.
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
- This position requires travel up to 50% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
You can be valued for your ideas and perspectives. At American Family Insurance, our corporate mission is to be the most trusted and valued service-driven insurance company and that vision is directly supported by our commitment to diversity. We're proud that the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our employees lead to greater innovation and superior customer service. To learn more, please visit: www.americanfamilyinsurance.jobs
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 10 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...