GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Physical Metallurgist, you will be responsible for research and development of new alloy & process developments to improve material properties for aerospace and energy applications. You will design and perform experiments in metallic material components, including nickel, titanium and refractory alloys. You will work on alloy development and processing teams, and collaborate with global partners.
- Lead research working independently and in cross-functional teams to develop and execute short-term and long-term strategy in alloy development as well as in understanding mechanical behavior.
- Conduct detailed microstructural analysis, using metallographic tools such as optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, high resolution microscopy.
- Design and develop mechanical test methods to evaluate material properties at high temperatures and specific environments.
- Document results, develop database and write project reports.
- PhD degree in Metallurgy/Metallurgical Engineering, or Materials Science with at least 2 years experience in research and development.
- Strong knowledge of physical metallurgy, mechanical behavior and materials processing.
- Experience with quantitative microscopy, characterization techniques including scanning electron microscopy.
- Proficient in computer skills, spreadsheet, plotting and presentation software.
- Demonstrated research ability, strong project execution skills and customer focus.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Strong record of research in nickel base and or titanium alloys
- Domain knowledge of gas turbines and hot gas path component design.
- Established publication and/or patent record in your field.
- Innovative nature and willingness to pursue new technical areas.
- Good teaming skills and ability to work with wide range of technical teams and projects.
- Demonstrated organizational ability
- Exceptional passion for science and technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...