Conducts Physical Therapy evaluations and treatment interventions for patients upon physician referral to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability.
PERFORMS A COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION UPON RECEIPT OF A WRITTEN OR VERBAL CONSULTATION TO DETERMINE PHYSICAL THERAPY TREATMENT REQUIRED.
* Review the medical record and patient history upon receipt of a written or verbal consultation to determine physical therapy treatment required.
* Selects and accurately performs appropriate tests and measurements.
* Develops meaningful and effective physical therapy treatment plan and goals.
ADMINISTERS PHYSICAL THERAPY INVERVENTIONS AND DOCUMENTS AND COMMUNICATES INFORMATION REGARDING PATIENT STATUS AND TREATMENT TO ENSURE PATIENT INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH APPROPRIATE PARTIES.
* Develops effective programs and applies therapeutic principles appropriately.
* Instructs, assists, and monitors patient performance and physical status to ascertain effectiveness of program.
* Maintains accurate records and prepares timely reports according to department, Scott & White and regulatory policies, procedures and guidelines.
SUPERVISES PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANTS AND STUDENTS (AS ASSIGNED) TO ENSURE A SAFE AND EFFECTIVE PRACTICE.
* Develops treatment plan and communicates adequate information to PTA.
* Provides supervision in accordance with Texas Physical Therapy Practice Act, Scott & White policies and procedures and other regulatory guidelines.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY:
* Establishes rapport with patient in a professional manner.
* Takes responsibility to understand and complete professional and technical requirements and provide Scott & White with the necessary documentation on such requirements.
* Attends professional education programs.
* Reviews appropriate current Physical Therapy/medical literature.
* Presents staff in-services as indicated.
* Maintains an understanding of home care reimbursement system practices
* Maintains effective communication with superior and other patient care givers regarding patient care.
Experience: Minimum/No Experience
License/Certificate: Basic Cardiac Life Support BCLS,PALS,ACLS get 30d aft exp TX License Physical Therapist
Standard Hours Per Week: 40
Job ID 288866
Scott & White - 15 months ago