Provides Physical Therapy interventions under the supervision of a Physical Therapist to restore function relieve pain and prevent disability.
ADMINISTERS PHYSICAL THERAPY INTERVENTIONS AS PLANNED AND DIRECTED BY A PHYSICAL THERAPIST TO FACILITATE QUALITY PATIENT CARE.
DOCUMENTS AND COMMUNICATES INFORMATION REGARDING PATIENT STATUS AND TREATMENT TO ENSURE INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THE APPROPRIATE PARTIES.
- Complies with the direction of a Physical Therapist, and applies therapeutic principles appropriately to provide competent patient care.
- Establishes rapport with patient in a professional manner.
- Develops and documents effective home exercise programs and supplemental instructional programs as needed.
- Instructs and assists patients, and monitors patient performance and physical status to ascertain effectiveness of program.
SUPERVISES PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDES AND STUDENTS (WHEN APPLICABLE AND AS ASSGINED).
- Communicates with the Physical Therapist as needed regarding patient progress and need for goal modification.
- Prepares comprehensive and concise documentation of patient treatment and progress in a timely manner and in accordance with department, Scott & White and regulatory policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Completes indicated assessment tools accurately and in a timely manner.
- Submits accurate charges in a timely manner.
FULFILLS CONTINUING EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS TO MAINTAIN REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Effectively communicates treatment information to the Physical Therapy aide in a timely manner.
- Provides supervision to aides and students in accordance with Texas Physical Therapy Practice Act/regulatory agency guidelines.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
- Takes responsibility to understand and complete professional and technical requirements and provide Scott & White with the necessary documentation on such requirements.
- Attends available professional education programs.
- Reviews and studies appropriate current Physical Therapy/medical literature.
- Presents educational programs to Physical Therapy staff in a professional manner when requested.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program.
Experience: Minimum/No Experience Education: Associate
Scott & White - 17 months ago