Provide physical therapy services including; evaluation, treatment and follow up and documentation using general competencies for outpatient children referred to the Sports Medicine Physical Therapy department. Provide supervision for PT aides/assistants and students with specific tasks and/or patients. Provide continuous consultation and education to families. Work closely on a multi-disciplinary team with referring orthopedic providers, mid-levels, ATCs and PTAs.
*In intrested please go online to www.childrenscolorado.org to our career section and apply to job opening 47337
- Graduation from an accredited PT program with successful completion of required internships, preferably with one or more pediatric and sports/ortho internships. A minimum of two years of experience in a relative orthopedic/sports setting. Relevant outpatient sports and orthopedic experience required; OCS and/or SCS preferred; pediatric and/or adult experience in orthopedics applicable.
- Knowledge of normal motor development, neuro and musculo-skeletal systems in a growing child athlete, and the skills to independently evaluate and treat a wide variety of pediatric orthopedic/ sports related diagnoses. Ability to communicate effectively with children, families and other professionals.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a physical therapist and demonstrates clinical competency in primary caseload.
- Preferred Education Field of Study - Physical Therapy
- Required Education - Bachelors
- Required Education Field of Study - Physical Therapy
- Required License/Certification - BLS for Healthcare Providers / CPR
- Required License/Certification - Physical Therapist
American Physical Therapy Association
- 21 months ago - save job