Location: Texas Health Azle
Job ID: 44191
Department: PHYSICAL THERAPY
Area of Interest: Physical Therapy
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Required: No
Job Function: RHB
We are seeking PTs who are committed to quality, excellence, and customer satisfaction.
BS, MS or Doctorate in Physical Therapy
Must be licensed as Physical Therapist in the State of Texas
CPR certification for Healthcare Providers or must certify within 90 days hire
Will consider new grads
Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Problem solving ability
Ability to teach others
Good time management
Good interpersonal and customer service skills
Work Hours/Schedule: Full Time; Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Works in partnership with peers, other disciplines, and departmental personnel
- Obtain/verify physician order for therapy and validate for appropriateness.
- Review available medical records and obtain pertinent medical history from patient or family.
- Ensure that patient has given informed consent to treatment.
- Evaluate each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements.
- Integrate assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritize care needs with patient and family.
- Sets appropriate measurable, functional goals with time frames to address the identified problems including patient/family goals and preferences.
- Determine plan for care, or appropriate therapeutic intervention to achieve stated goals.
- Initiate therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
- Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment.
- Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license.
- Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely.
- Utilizes a variety of treatment techniques to achieve goals, if necessary.
- Determine patient response to treatment and evaluate progress (reassessment).
- Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, home programs/self management and assistive equipment.
- Patient safety maintained throughout treatment
- Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
- Utilizes available resources (equipment, support personnel, educational resources) to maximize efficiency and productivity and meet developmental needs.
- Participates in orientation and training of student, volunteers, and observers. Responsible for supervision and training of therapy techs and licensed assistants in the provision of patient care.
- Attends and/or leads hospital, department, and community educational in-services.
- Meets established productivity targets for department/program.
- Represents department in a positive manner to hospital/system/community.
- Completes assigned work within scheduled hours and offers assistance to others to ensure departmental work is accomplished.
- Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports to supervisor any problems and/or solutions regarding delivery of patient care.
- Willing to be cross-trained to treat any diagnosis or level of care.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities and/or teams
- Demonstrates commitment to the maintenance of a clean, safe work environment that is compliant with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency requirements
Participates in strategies to meet business initiatives and unit/team, program, and department specific goals and targets
- Documents all aspects of assessment and plan of care in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Documents all aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Accurately submits patient charges and records procedures according to departmental policy.
- Documents assessments of education needs, education provided, and patient understanding of education provided in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Completes discharge summary for each patient in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
- All documentation is completed within established time frame.
- Accurate timely documentation and reporting of unusual occurrences, on the job injuries, and medical device malfunctioning.
- Completes required documentation tools for outpatients and for specialty units/programs (i.e. Lysholme, MDS, staffing reports, etc.)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle is a community-based hospital serving the suburban areas of Azle, Lake Worth, Springtown and the surrounding communities. The talented staff at our hospital invites you to join them as they continue to provide the northwest Tarrant County area with the best in health care. Comprehensive medical/surgical care, cardiology, radiology, rehabilitation services and a dedicated ICU are just some of the services we provide to our community and your health care career.
Texas Health Resources is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Texas Health Resources - 15 months ago
LifeCare Hospitals of North Texas - Fort Worth
Fort Worth, TX
- 2 days ago
Haven Home Health (3HLLC)
Fort Worth, TX
Haven Home Health (3HLLC)
- 3 days ago
Physical Therapist - PRN
Fort Worth, TX
- 1 hour ago
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in...