BenchMark Rehab Partners
Our Mission: To empower and inspire people to reach their full potential.
Our Vision: To deliver the highest quality, evidence-based health care with a passion for excellence.
The Staff Physical Therapist is responsible for the providing rehabilitation services within the clinic in a manner consistent with our mission and values. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, evaluation and treatment of patients, supervision of PTA and/or PT Tech as assigned, regular communication with referral sources and modeling professional behavior.
QUALIFICATIONS – Required
Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program. Continuing education is required to maintain licensure.
Requires current licensure in state where assigned.
Ability to model positive behavior, organize and maintain work flow, work with minimal supervision and exercise independent clinical judgment. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrate effective follow-through in implementing the goals/objectives of the organization, and be willing to follow directives.
Works in the clinic environment.
Hours of Work
Typically Monday through Friday during normal business hours. May be required to work or attend special events evenings or on weekends. Requires flexibility with scheduling and a willingness to treat at other clinics as needed.
Requires minimal travel unless assigned to PT Float position. The PT Float is required to provide coverage at multiple clinics throughout an assigned region.
This position requires moderate physical activity and is clinic-based. May be required to frequently kneel, crouch, lift, or stand for long periods. May be required to move (with assistance as necessary) heavy equipment and lift patients to help them turn, stand or walk. Requires frequent computer use.
Prefer experience in the outpatient rehabilitation setting.
Direct Patient Care
1. Models effective approach in patient care and complies with documentation requirements.
2. Utilizes and follows appropriate clinical protocols and practice patterns.
3. Establishes appropriate patient treatment goals and plans of care.
4. Administers appropriate treatment and assesses patient response.
5. Documents treatment, patient’s response to treatment, patient’s progress toward goals and reason for continuation of therapy on daily note in a manner that reflects “skilled care” and the medical necessity of treatment.
6. Takes responsibility for ongoing treatment and ensures that the patient’s physical and functional problems that were identified upon eval or re-eval are being addressed.
7. Completes evals, daily notes and progress notes accurately, legibly and promptly.
8. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling patient visits in order to meet the needs of the patient and/or referral source.
9. Participates in periodic chart audits as directed by supervisor to ensure compliance with professional and organizational documentation standards.
10. Delegates responsibility for patient care in a manner consistent with legal and professional standards of practice.
11. Promotes customer-centered culture that emphasizes both the internal and external customer.
12. Considers the needs and expectations of patients and referral sources when providing care.
13. Willing to change schedule in order to accommodate the needs of patients and referral sources.
14. Personally models a commitment to customer services to co-workers and external customers.
1. Shares information, which is of value to others. Solicits input from others and responds to that information as appropriate.
2. Influences peers in a way that reinforces the standards for performance communicated by the organization and their immediate supervisor.
3. Gives feedback regarding performance and clinic issues to immediate supervisor.
4. Accepts constructive feedback
5. Attends and participates in monthly clinic meetings and in-services.
6. Keeps supervisor informed of issues, needs and the successes of the clinic.
7. Focuses on positive, effective problem/complaint resolution with internal and external customers and explores every avenue to meet customer needs.
8. Works to create a positive work environment for staff and patients.
Personal and Professional Management
1. Is accountable for actions and models behavior, which sets a high standard of performance.
2. Supports organizational changes and required clinic changes.
3. Maintains commitment to customer service even when things are changing.
4. Is willing and takes initiative to get things done.
5. Handles stress and copes with problems and frustrations.
6. Is responsive: on time for meetings, returns phone calls in a timely manner, meets deadlines and meets commitments.
7. Participates in meetings and promotes teamwork among peers.
8. Maintains confidentiality regarding information on patients, other staff and clinic matters.
9. Complies with clinic’s clinical/administrative policies.
10. Displays professional attitude and ethics consistent with the APTA’s Standard of Practice for Physical Therapy , Code of Ethics and Guide for Professional Conduct .
11. Ensures integrity in use of time off, work related expense reports, use of company time use of company equipment and resources.
12. Takes responsibility for actions, accepts responsibility for mistakes, and reports self-errors to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
13. Appropriately captures patient care time through billing.
1. Effectively and efficiently utilizes resources to maximize productivity, performance and profitability.
2. Seeks to provide quality treatment sessions as efficiently as possible.
3. Looks for areas of improvement to decrease costs and/or increase productivity.
4. Considers the necessity of new equipment or resources before requesting additional resources.
5. Demonstrates support for organizational goals by maximizing available time and resources in the delivery of patient care.
6. Seeks to provide billable services to each patient.
7. Ensures that documentation and the units charged reflect the time and care provided each patient.
1. Demonstrates a desire to grow the clinic.
2. Assists in securing a Medical Director for the clinic as directed by immediate supervisor.
3. Supports the monthly Medical Director meetings via periodic attendance or scheduling in a manner that allows supervisor to attend.
4. Works with supervisor, marketing and occupational program staff and assists them in building and maintaining referral relationships within the physician and workers comp community (i.e.: follows-through on opportunities to visit/meet/communicate with referral sources.)
5. Assists supervisor in identifying new markets and/or incremental programs within their clinic.
6. Supports community outreach efforts via direct participation or scheduling in manner that enables them to occur.
Teaching & Supervision
1. Introduces and demonstrates new techniques, equipment or research findings to staff.
2. Assists in the coordination of the physical therapy student program for the clinic.
3. Supports in-service training at the clinic where therapists or physicians present a topic.
4. Effectively supervises the PTA or PT Tech in accordance with professional and legal standards while ensuring that the patient care and progress is maintained.
Founded as a single clinic in 1995 by a group of physical therapists in Ooltewah, TN, BenchMark Physical Therapy is the region’s leading...