Physical Therapist Openings - Multiple Locations
WILLCARE, a successful regional leader in the home health care industry, currently has job openings for Physical Therapists in Multiple Branch Locations . In business for over 25 years, WILLCARE operates Certified/Medicare, Long Term Care, Licensed/Private Duty, as well as non-medical services and supplemental staffing agencies. We provide qualified skilled and non-skilled services focusing on preventative, rehabilitative and therapeutic care to our clients in all applicable settings. We have branch offices in Western NY, Hudson Valley NY, Connecticut, and Ohio.
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Job Locations: NEW YORK: Buffalo NY, Jamestown NY, Kingston NY, Newburgh NY, Wellsville NY; OHIO: Cleveland OH, Akron OH; CONNECTICUT: New Haven CT, Waterbury CT, and Wethersfield CT
Job Department: Therapy
Status: Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem, and Weekend Per Diem Positions
PHYSICAL THERAPIST JOB SUMMARY
Evaluates patients and develops physical therapy treatment programs in collaboration with the physician and provides physical therapy treatments to patients. Administers complex active and passive therapeutic exercise, therapeutic massage and various modalities. Instructs, motivates and assists patients/caregivers in learning and improving activities of daily living. Supervises and directs the efforts of the Physical Therapy Assistant, if one is assigned.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requisition and management of equipment and supplies required to increase client’s function and independence as appropriate to care.
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing evaluation of treatment programs, plan of care, goals and discharge plans for the patients as related to Physical Therapy needs and in conjunction with the physician.
- Makes revisions to the plans and goals based on changes in patient status.
- Initial & interim assessment of client’s level of functioning and recommends, in writing to the patient’s physician, the need for a rehabilitation program, goals and discharge plans, either restorative or maintenance
- Upon receipt of the Physician’s orders, interprets and implements those services and programs related to Physical Therapy. Ensures these orders are carried out in a professional manner satisfying professional ethics, patient rights and State and Federal codes and regulations.
- Assists in coordinating Physical Therapy program with other appropriate health care providers / disciplines providing services to the patient.
- Facilitates effective communication amongst other clinicians providing care to the patient
- Completes and submits all required documentation within established agency guidelines
- Demonstrates therapy for the nurse, home health aide, family members or other responsible person who may assist the patient with physical therapy rehabilitation program.
- Observes and evaluates the performance of those assisting in the physical therapy program and provides guidance as necessary.
- Re-evaluates the patient’s progress and therapy program making changes as necessary and under the physician’s direction.
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient care conferences as applicable and maintains ongoing communication with all disciplines involved in the patient Plan of Care.
- Contacts the physician with any changes in patient status or program, obtaining new orders.
- Maintains current, accurate clinical records; timely charts changes in patient condition, adverse reactions, problems with informal supports or home environment and reports such to supervisor. Records are written the day service is rendered and reflect the current condition of the patient.
- Interprets Medicare guidelines. Responsible to obtain prior approvals as required by third party payers.
- Supervises and/or executes all skilled treatment programs as prescribed by the Plan of Care.
- Schedules patients with other team members.
- Instructs and informs the home health aide of the patient’s medical status and physical therapy program. Completes necessary HHA supervision form and HHA plan of care (aide care plan).
- Instructs the patient, family, nurses and HHA in the use of self-help devices which are determined to be necessary for the patient’s rehabilitation.
- Integrates the work, efforts and goals of Physical Therapy with other team members.
- Acts as a referral source for staff, families, physicians on services and equipment related to rehabilitation services. Promotes services offered through communication with potential referral sources, including on-site visits, attendance at expos, fairs, etc.
- Performs client / family education as appropriate
- Provides supervisions to PTA’s and paraprofessionals according to State regulations
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Physical Therapy
- Current license/registration by state of hire as a Physical Therapist.
- One (1) year experience in Physical Therapy
- Successful completion of a Competency and Proficiency Test and Skills evaluation appropriate for the position upon hire
- Prior home care experience preferred
For additional details, see:
JOB DESCRIPTION (click to open PDF file)
WILLCARE - 15 months ago
WILLCARE is a family-owned, independent, proprietary, regional leader in the home health care field. And we've been doing a pretty good job...