Physical Therapy, PT, Detroit, Michigan, MI
Please let me know if you are interested/would like to be submitted to this great opportunity! This rehab facility is looking for a Physical Therapist (PT) for a DIRECT PLACEMENT, PERM position. Please look at the details below and email or call me if you are interested.
Phone: 877-775-3003 ext: 282
Email: reply to this
Therapist: Physical Therapist, PT
Location: Detroit, MI
DURATION/TYPE: Full time employment, direct placement with facility; 40 hours/week
Facility: Skilled Nursing/Rehab
Must: Have 1 year of experience and valid PT MI license
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for providing patient care including assessing, interpreting, planning and formulating physical therapy treatment plans.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director Physical Therapy
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Technicians
1. Assesses patient condition, establishes goals, treatments and care plan in conjunction with the
2. Ensures that appropriate treatment is performed in interdisciplinary fashion, consulting with physicians
about impact of physical therapy factors on the patient’s health status.
3. Documents findings, treatments and other patient information for the medial record.
4. Educates patient/family on appropriate care and use of various therapies/exercises.
5. Serves as information/education resource for patients, families and staff.
6. Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Technicians.
7. Serves as a resource to Physical Therapy staff.
8. Provides on-going education to the Physical Therapy staff.
9. Assists the director with patient care issues.
10. Maintains patient confidentiality.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position.
EDUCATION: Requires a master’s degree and current certification as a physical therapist.
EXPERIENCE: Two years experience in an out-patient physical therapy clinic. Experience with orthopedics is preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: Current Michigan state license.
1. Knowledge of physical therapy principles, standards and applications.
2. Knowledge of clinic policies, procedures, regulations, safety/infection control, quality control.
3. Knowledge of how to use physical therapy equipment.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology.
1. Skill in appropriate evaluation and treatment of patients.
2. Skill in effectively effectively communicating with in-house as well as external physicians and referral
3. Skill in using a computer system system/EMR to accurately reproduce all appropriate documentation.
4. Skill in accurate recognition of patient/clinic danger and appropriate fall risk patients.
1. Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, providers and staff.
2. Ability to supervise and mentor physical therapy staff.
3. Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written form.
4. Ability to be a resource to patients and staff.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Some travel within community.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
environment. Some bending and stretching required. Manual dexterity using a calculator and
computer keyboard. Requires occasional support all size patients in transfers. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Demands of kneeling, squatting, overhead lifting.
1. CORE Creed must be read and signed.
2. OSHA Requirements and training to include:
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.