1. Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program with either an Associate’s degree in science or applied science that is approved by American Physical Therapy Association, Inc.
2. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
3. Current certification or license as required by state law.
4. One (1) year experience in physical therapy under the supervision of a Physical Therapist is preferred.
5. Must have valid driver's license for the agency state of operation or surrounding area with appropriate auto insurance.
6. Overnight travel may be required.
7. Must be able to communicate articulately and comprehend written and verbal communications.
8. Must be able to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
Continuing Education Requirements: Organization personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, organization personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
***Opportunities to practice in outpatient facilities in upscale senior living communities in Jefferson, GA. Part time positions available for therapists interested in providing a unique continuum of care!***
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Physical Therapy Assistant provides physical therapy services under the direction of the physical therapist and according to the physician's plan of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Provides direct physical therapy according to directions of a Physical Therapist and in accordance with the physician's plan of care.
B. Treats patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
C. Directs and aids patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training.
D. Utilizes physical agents, including, but not be limited to heat, cold, water, light, electricity, ultrasound and massage.
E. Observes and reports to the Physical Therapist and the Organization personnel the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition.
F. Instructs patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthotic devices.
G. Maintains necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into the patient’s clinical record in prescribed time frames.
H. Participates in Organization Home Care Team Members meetings and Organization Inservice Education Program.
I. Follow all privacy policies of CareSouth and maintain the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI).