At Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute we put the patient first. Our 288-bed multidisciplinary cardiovascular center located in the heart of St. Petersburg, Florida is part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system. We have a reputation for achieving high levels of quality care within a comfortable, high-tech setting while offering many respected Centers of Excellence including: Chest Pain Center with PCI * Heart & Vascular Institute * Spine Care Center * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Neuro Interventional Radiology. Become a member of our healthcare team and develop your passion for caring while enjoying our great amenities. Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. EOE
Under the supervision and direction of a licensed physical therapist, The Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (LPTA) assists in the practice of physical therapy. Responsibilities and tasks include:
Edward White Hospital is committed to building a healthier community by providing high quality healthcare to our patients. Our 167-bed community hospital, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, offers dozens of medically complex specialties, including accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Advanced Primary Stroke, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Centers.
- Carries out treatment plans that have been established by a licensed physical therapist for inpatients and outpatients.
- Directs and aids patients in therapeutic exercise, gait and functional training, applies therapeutic modalities, and performs other activities according to the plan of care established by the licensed physical therapist and as permitted by the State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Assists the physical therapist during patient testing, evaluations and complex procedures.
- Instructs patients on segments of the plan of care including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, canes braces and prosthetic appliances and devices.
- Documents in computerized documentation system. Prepares correspondence and reports related to plan of care and patient progress.
- Directs activities of technicians, students, and volunteers as assigned.
- Participates in performance improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to: data gathering, chart reviews, compilation of data into a report.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Ideally located within minutes of downtown St. Petersburg, our family atmosphere provides a work environment just as unique as our skilled team…which is the reason why Edward White Hospital is currently ranked #1 in our entire HCA network for Employee Satisfaction! Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program
- State licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Critical thinking and judgment particularly in determining when to inform the therapist of a significant change in the patients condition.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider through American Heart Association.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and /or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
HCA Inc - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Tampa Bay Times named Northside Hospital a 2014 Top Workplace for the second consecutive year. Caring for our patients at a consistently...