Physician's Assistant Cardiothoracic Surgery
Scott & White Healthcare
Scott & White Healthcare, Round Rock, TX. is seeking a Physician Assistant to support our Cardiothoracic Surgery practice. Our Physician Assistant will provide patient services under the direct supervision and responsibility of the designated supervising staff physician, including assisting our surgical physician, obtaining medical and personal histories, participating in hospital and ICU rounds, educating patients and families, and prioritizing and assessing patients. The Cardiothoracic Surgery department is new with Scott & White Healthcare, Round Rock and has become one of the leading Cardiothoracic Surgery departments in the area.
Scott & White Round Rock Clinic is supported by our 101-bed acute care facility that was opened in 2007 and underwent a $40 Million dollar expansion in January 2012. Located just 20 minutes north of Austin, Scott &White Round Rock has established itself as a premiere healthcare provider in Williamson and Travis counties. Our hospital features emergency medicine, critical care services, inpatient and outpatient surgical services and endoscopy suites, supported by 18 subspecialty clinical services.
- Must be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Program approved by the American Medical Association.
- Must be licensed or obtaining a Texas Medical license in Texas as a Physician Assistant
- Texas Controlled Substances Registration and federal DEA Controlled Substance Registration are required.
- Prior experience in similar clinical setting/specialty preferred.
- Expert clinical judgment to function in an independent role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to collaborate with patients, families, physicians, staff, and community health workers.
- Ability to be self-directive and demonstrate initiative in addressing responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal and written information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Must be able to maintain strict protocols of all confidential or sensitive information.
Interested candidates should apply on-line http://jobs.sw.org/ or send a copy of their curriculum vitae, a brief letter outlining their interests and the names of three references to:
Dalia Marquez, Physician Recruiter
Scott & White Healthcare
Scott & White is recognized as the largest multi-specialty practice in Texas and one of the nation’s largest multi-specialty group practice systems. It employs more than 12,000 employees, 900 physicians and scientists, and is the primary clinical teaching facility to approximately 400 medical residents and fellows in training at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine. Scott and White healthcare is a collaborative health system with 12 hospitals, two additional announced facilities, and 143 clinics at more than 65 clinic locations, providing care in 46 medical specialties for residents in Central Texas. Founded in 1897, this state of the art teaching hospital is a level 1 trauma center with 636 beds, including 70 ICU beds. It is consistently ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and one of the top 15 teaching hospitals in the United States by Thomson Reuters.
Effective January 1, 2013, Scott & White does not hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products. By applying for a job with Scott & White, you are attesting that you do not use such products and that you will remain a non-user if hired by Scott & White.
Scott & White is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Texas Academy of Physician Assistants - 20 months ago
Scott & White Healthcare is a non-profit collaborative health care system which encompasses one of the nation's largest multi-specialty...