Unlock your potential behind bars.
Working in correctional healthcare is not a career. It's a calling. It's an opportunity to better your skills in a safe yet demanding environment. In here, your expertise is not confined to a small medical unit like the setup in a larger healthcare organization. You'll apply varied assessment skills and work closely among professionals who have more in common than simply sharing a shift. They share a gift. Come work side-by-side with coworkers who share a sense of purpose. Here at Armor Correctional Health Services, we do our very best to see patients for what they are - patients. Join us.
Under general supervision, provide independent acute and/or routine medical care to patients in a correctional setting.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations on assigned patients; assess and treat acute/chronic medical problems and provide direct patient care to patients in a correctional setting.
- Write appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants and depressant drugs.
- Perform emergency life saving procedures in cases such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, massive hemorrhage, or similar emergencies.
- Notify supervising physician regarding any unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation.
- Practice safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Supervise and/or coordinate the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic.
- Write progress notes on patients' charts using the POMR method indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed; maintains other records as required.
- Provides health education to patients.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the detention/correctional facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If you're ready to do your life's work you belong in corrections.
- Safe, Secure Workplace
- Health/Dental/Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days (Paid Time Off)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
Armor Correctional Health Services - 4 months ago