Coastal Medical, Rhode Island’s largest Private Group Medical practice, is seeking a Family Medicine Physician to provide medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Educate patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Determine which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs
- Determine level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
- Exercise final medical judgment in all issues of health care
- Prescribe medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
- Order studies, tests and ancillary services
- Document all services in patient medical record
- Review on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
- Consult with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Participate in quality improvement, management, continuing education and other patient care programs as established
- May oversee mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
- Assist in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
Coastal Medical offers a competitive salary, a strong comprehensive employee benefits package, including paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental coverage, and more. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited institution
- RI Medical Licensure
- Completed Family Medicine residency training
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Medicine
- Current Drug Enforcement
- Administration (DEA) certification
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
We offer a wide array of medical services for patients with busy schedules and limited time. Coastal physicians are experts in common...