Fox Army Health Center is searching for a full-time, Internal Medicine Physician to independently manage and provide a full range of outpatient services to patients of all ages with the full range of conditions encountered in both primary care and the sub-specialty of Internal Medicine.
Fox is an outpatient Health Center servicing a patient population of Active Duty Soldiers, Family Members and Retirees in the area. The Health Center is a newly renovated 126,298 square foot facility which includes 3 Primary Care Clinics, Radiology, Pathology, Optometry, Physical Therapy, and a Preventive Medicine and Wellness Service. FAHC is located in the Tennessee Valley at Redstone Arsenal, in Huntsville, Alabama. The Aviation and Missile Reserach, Development and Engineering Center, Army Material Command, Army Space and Missile Defense Command are just a few of the commands located on the Arsenal. Within a short two hour drive are the major cities of Nashville, Tennessee at the North and Birmingham, Alabama to the South. Within the city of Huntsville is the University of Alabama Huntsville and Alabama A&M University, both with highliy accredited engineering and technology programs.
1. Serves as a Board Eligible or Board Certified specialist in the field of Internal Medicine assigned to the PCMH. Is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of the more complex internal medicine problems referred to the clinic and is also responsible for a panel of primary care patients. Work requires incumbent to apply advanced professional knowledge of areas within the field of primary care and internal medicine to include hematology, cardiology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, endocrinology, pulmonary medicine, infectious diseases, nephrology, etc. Exchanges advice and consultation with physicians on the diagnoses and treatment of patients, especially in the area of Internal Medicine. Performs a range of medical duties within the clinic covering an Internal Medicine general practice. Examines patients, makes diagnoses and administers appropriate treatment. Performs procedures such as joint aspiration or injection, sigmoidoscopy, gastroscopy, proctoscopy, etc. As appropriate refers patients to other specialty clinics as required for further evaluation either on outpatient or inpatient basis. Admits and discharges patients as required. Cares for ambulatory, acute patients as well as long term chronic and difficult patients. Orders and interprets laboratory tests and x-rays necessary to complete medical facts on the cases such as blood counts, urinalysis, sedimentation rates, chest x-rays, electrocardiograms, etc. Consults with specialist when assistance is required determining correct diagnosis and treatment. Will be required to handle emergencies, perform call duties, and evening/weekend clinic duties, as required. 70%
2. Serves as Chief, Internal Medicine responsible for administrative directing and coordinating the activities of 1-3 medical/administrative personnel. Ensures the highest standards of professional practice and ethics are maintained, in accordance with MEDDAC regulations, MEDCOM policies and regulations, Federal law and JCAHO Guidelines. Makes recommendations to the DCCS for improvement of medical services to the community. 20%
3. Attends and participates in Health Center and medical staff meetings, conferences, etc. as directed by the Command. 5%
4. Serves as Clinical and Medical Director for Community Health Nurse Practice. Responsible for the practice/supervision of the Public Health and Education Center Community Health Nurses in their clinical functions and provides medical care as appropriate. 5%
No Call Required
No Weekends, Nights or Holidays
Malpractice insurance provided. Paid vacation and sick leave. Federal Benefits. Federal Retirement eligibility.
- Graduation from an accredited Internal Medicine residency program
- Current, unrestricted license (any state)
- Board Certified/Eligible
- ACLS/BLS Certified
- US Citizen
U.S. Army Medicine Civilian Corps - 10 months ago