Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 250,000 current VA employees already have –state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, you’ll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.As a VA physician, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel (for physicians and dentists) in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.DUTIES: Provider is board certified and/or board eligible in Internal Medicine. Serves as an Internist and Attending Physician to medical patients in ward, step down, and ICU setting. Will provide outpatient and medical consults. Will also provide backup support for after hours, overnight medical patient coverage and oversees the family practice residents on rotation at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center when covering ER and inpatient services. Provider expected to document in CPRS in a timely manner. Participates in process improvement / quality assurance projects and other administrative duties as assigned. KEY REQUIREMENTS
Contact Tim Blakney via email at Timothy.Blakney@VA.GOV or by phone at 303-639-7015
- U.S. Citizenship
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- English Language Proficiency required.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.Contact Tim Blakney via email at Timothy.Blakney@VA.GOV or by phone at 303-639-7015
- U.S. Citizenship (Non-citizens may be appointed only if it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens)· Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.· Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.· Must be board certified or eligible.Reference: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-2 PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATION STANDARD http://www.va.gov/ohrm/joblistings/VAQualStds.doc APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. You’ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...