A full-time vacancy exists for a Physician Assistant in the Emergency Department within the Dayton VA Medical Center.
1. Is clinically accountable to the physician precepter.
2. The individual will evaluate, diagnose and treat emergency department patients with lower triage acuity ratings in a Fast Track located within the Dayton VA Medical Center Emergency Department.
3. The individual will track culture results from patients discharged from the Emergency Department with pending results and follow up on patients who have left the department without complete evaluations (elopements, leaving without being seen and patients who leave against medical advice.
4. Practice within the guidelines of the policies, procedures and the standards of care/practice.
5. Maintains current knowledge of multidisciplinary resources. The Joint Commission and related programs and services within this healthcare system.
6. Is flexible, organized and able to adapt to change.
Work Schedle: Flexible Schedule, Monday - Friday, which might include afternoons and evenings.
Department of Veterans Affairs - 11 months ago
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...