GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for providing medical care as delegated by supervising physician.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions as defined under the American with Disabilities Act may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics.) This list of tasks is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by position in this class and are subject to change.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assesses patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Provides acute and chronic patient care including taking histories, doing physicals, monitoring therapies, giving injections and medications and suturing wounds.
3. Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems.
4. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
5. Documents patient information and care provided in patient record and maintains department statistics.
6. Educates patients and families as appropriate. Provides continuity of care.
7. Consults with other staff as necessary.
8. Maintains patient confidentiality.
9. Adheres to practice standards and PA code of ethics.
10. Maintains a current level of clinical practice by selecting appropriate avenues for professional growth and maintains a minimum of 100 hours of continuing medical education credits every 2 years to achieve NCCPA recertification requirements.
11. Attends internal and external meetings, workshops and conferences, as necessary to maintain continuing medical education requirements and/or as required by the company.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of acute and chronic care protocols, administration of medications, delivering physical care following treatment plan.
2. Knowledge of how to assess patient health and measure/record physiologic and growth indices.
3. Knowledge of health promotion principles and techniques and patient learning measurements.
4. Ability to accomplish the quality and quantity of work expected within set limits of cost and time.
5. Ability to plan own work and carry out assignments effectively.
6. Ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to work.
7. Ability to develop improvements in or design new work methods and procedures.
8. Ability to establish rapport and gain the confidence of others (physicians, nurses, members of the primary care team, patients and associates).
9. Ability to function as a health care delivery team member and make responsible decisions within the scope of a dependent medical practitioner.
10. Ability to assess quality patient care.
11. Ability to maintain patient medical records.
12. Skills in providing diagnostic, preventive and/or therapeutic services to patients.
13. Must be able to work with confidential material without betraying the trust of patients, families or the company.
14. Knowledge of the cultural and social backgrounds of the San Antonio population.
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings. Well-lighted, well-ventilated, adequate space. Exposure to communicable diseases, including blood borne pathogens, and other conditions common to the clinic setting. Office is a non-smoking environment.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may vary as needs evolve.
1. Completion of an accredited physician assistant program and completion of the certification examination by the medical board of examiners.
2. A permanent current Physician Assistant license.
3. Certification by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
4. Experience and training must have been progressive and responsible, demonstrating good knowledge of current principles, practices, methods and techniques in the field of medicine.
5. Medical experience in an outpatient family medical clinic including pediatrics, obstetrical/gynecological, medical care and non-emergency care.
6. Must have updated Immunization (IZ) record.
7. Must have annual Tuberculosis (TB) skin test.
8. Must maintain a valid CPR, BLS, ACLS, PALS and TCLS Certificate (as appropriate of area of care) during employment.
1. Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing is required
2. Must be able to use appropriate body mechanics/techniques when performing patient examinations, making patient transfers and assisting patients with physical tasks.
3. May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
4. May be required to handle stressful situations resulting from diverse patients and demands.
Alamo City Medical Group - 12 months ago
Alamo City Medical Group offers the Greater San Antonio area excellent healthcare providers assisted by friendly and caring staff, unique se...