Provide healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician. Conduct complete physicals, provide treatment, and counsel patients. May, in some cases, prescribe medication. Must be a graduate from an accredited educational program for physician assistants or nurse practitioners. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience working with chemical dependency patients, knowledge and experience with ASAM detoxification protocols and working in an adult residential rehabilitation facility for chemical dependency.
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition.
- Interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
- Diagnostic acumen with Axis 1, II and III for patients presenting with mental health and chemical dependency issues.
- Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination.
- Make tentative diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients.
- Ability and skill with peer to peer appeals with third party payers.
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval particularly as pertains with chemically dependent patients.
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as psychological assessments, psychiatric assessments, x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
WAGE/SALARY/SIGNING BONUS: DOE and Certification