We are seeking a Physician Assistant to work at our office located in Glen Burnie, MD. Rotational On-Call will be required.
- Evaluates patient reviewing medical history and performing an appropriate physical exam in the in-patient and out-patient setting.
- Interprets and evaluates patient data as authorized by a physician for the purpose of determining management and treatment of patients. Consult with physician as appropriate.
- Adjusts patient care plan by reviewing and monitoring treatments and therapy plans.
- Administers or orders laboratory, radiological and diagnostic tests that will assist with the medical management; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipates effects of treatments, and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Performs daily rounds at privileged hospitals independently or with attending physicians.
- Prescribes, recommends, and regulates appropriate pharmacologic medicine.
- Functions as a surgical first assistant in the operating room, including pre and post-operative intervention, when necessary.
- Documents appropriately and communicates with the appropriate physician in a timely manner as required, including, but not limited to: evaluations, treatment plans, progress reports, billing documentation, treatment notes, and other reports as requested.
- Bachelors Degree in Health Care Science
- Certification required as a Physician Assistant granted by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Certification in Urological Procedures (ie: cystoscopy) preferred.
- Licensure as Physician Assistant in the state of Maryland.
- Valid DEA drug license and Maryland controlled substance license required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a physician assistant.
- Urology or Surgical experience preferred but not essential.
- Current ACLS, BLS and CPR certification required.
Chesapeake Urology Associates - 13 months ago
hesapeake Urology Associates is the largest urology practice in Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic Region. Our urologists deliver the most...