The incumbent has responsibility for the assessment and management of patients, including diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, and the implementation and evaluation of an appropriate plan of care including discharge planning. He/She carries out these responsibilities in the hospital (including the delivery room, the nurseries, and pediatric floor/PICU) and when transporting unstable high-risk neonates from other hospitals. All function are performed within standards, and in accordance with MGUH policies and procedures.
The incumbent works in conjunction with the primary nurse to provide family-centered care. As an advanced practitioner, the PA is involved in nursing/medical education, consultation and outcome testing. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Physician Assistant degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Needs to have had NICU training.
- Current D.C. license or license eligible as a Physician Assistant.
- NRP certification.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a PA.
- Trained in Advanced PA Practice.
- Experience in a university teaching hospital NICU preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with patients/families as well as staff and physicians.
- Excellent clinical knowledge base in Advanced PA.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and the ability to function independently.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Peds, Pediatrics, Neonatal, Perinatal, PA, Physician Assistant
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...