National Certification required
Physician Assistant- required
The Physician Assistant (PA) in Thoracic and Valcular Surgery will assist in medical and surgical care of CT Surgery department patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting as outlined in the Principal Duties and Responsibilities below and will participate in all aspects of patient care as indicated. The PA will also have direct
reporting responsibility to the Attending Physician of the respective patients for all evaluations and other duties performed. The PA in CT Surgery assists the supervising surgeon in the management of patients, and performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures under the supervision of the surgeon. The PA works closely and assists the surgeon in providing quality, efficient and continuous and cost-effective care during the patient's hospitalization
* Must have 4 years of college level education and Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* Must have successfully completed a Graduate Level, accredited Physician Assistant Program approved by AMA Board of Approval and Certification of PA programs.
* (BS/MS joint programs are also acceptable)
Cardiology/vascular surgery experience preferred
* Certification by NCCPA - required
* Licensure or eligible for licensing as a Physician’s Assistant in the State of Arizona - required
* BLS - required
* ACLS - required
Skills - required:
* Knowledge of medical procedures and terminology
* Interpersonal/human relations skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to adhere to regulations in order to maintain licensure
* Able to work varying shifts, units, rotate days off and work weekends and On-call.
* Electronic medical record use
Call required and must be able to respond to the hospital within 30 minutes.
Serving half the state of Arizona and employing nearly 3,000 people—including 300 physicians—Northern Arizona Healthcare is the...