We are currently assisting a client in a search for a Physician Assistant for their growing WNY practice. In this M-F 8-4:30 position you would be meeting with patients regarding various Orthopedic issues. You will have the chance to work with and learn from some of the best Orthopedic Surgeons in the area.
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Graduate of AMA accredited PA program with 1 -3 years experience preferred
Monster - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard