Bachelor's Degree required
5 Years Healthcare Exp Required
Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis of healthcare and financial data to support program management within CRPG. This position acts as an internal and external consultant to the organization developing analytic methodologies and report formats. Responsibilities include assisting with the process of collection, analysis and reporting of data specific to organization wide physician primary and specialty reimbursement in order to assure consistent, timely and accurate physician payments. Responsible for appropriate planning, communication, reporting and implementation of changes that pertain to physician reimbursement (including but not limited to bundled payments, physician bonuses and pricing methodologies) as well as new compensation methodologies. This position will also assist in mentoring all fellow analysts and lead department projects related to physician reimbursement.
1. Maintains the review process for all physician compensation arrangements, including review of compensation checklists and supporting documentation in accordance with CRPG policy. Serves as team member for charge master development process. Maintains database of Physician compensation reviews and reports metrics monthly
2. Maintains current knowledge on:
o Trends and developments in physician practice economics and provider compensation models to achieve/maintain alignment between practice revenues, quality, expenses and compensation
o Regulations impacting physician compensation decisions
3. Assists in the formation of compensation model standards for employed physicians, medical directors, recruited physicians, independent contractors and locum tenens in collaboration with executive management of CRPG
4. Maintains CRPG standards for benchmarking compensation to ensure consistency in methodologies and to aid in the analysis of model effectiveness and the identification of best practices
5. Provides necessary data to external compensation consulting organizations for the purpose of developing comparative data used in the determination of physician compensation plans. Prepares various survey responses for compensation work RVU, revenue, etc. to external organizations for the development of market data each year. Provides data to external organizations for the development of external opinion on reasonable compensation. Reviews market data reports and compiles market blended analysis for the determination of fair market based compensation and productivity.
6. Serves as a resource to regional practice leadership and CRPG executive teams on compensation and related matters.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Must have strong knowledge of the health care industry, third party payors and operational systems including coding and clinical practice
· Excellent documentation and organizational skills required
· Strong quantitative and analytic skills
· Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently and lead others
· Familiarity and experience with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
· Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resource s or related field
· Experience with compensation methodologies and health care
· Three to five years of health care experience
· Course work or equivalent experience in statistics, business, finance or actuarial experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 18 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...