Employees in this position are responsible for augmenting a supervising physician’s data gathering abilities to reach decisions and institute patient care plans. Provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of a Physician.
- Provides patient services under direct supervision and responsibility of Physician and or Medical Director.
- Elicits detailed patient histories.
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- May render emergency medical service without supervision, pending the arrival of a responsible physician, in cases where immediate diagnosis and treatment are necessary to avoid disability or death.
- Graduation from a Physician Assistant’s training program approved by the Council on Allied Health Education Accreditation of the American Medical Association.
- Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas.
- Certification as a Physician Assistant as evidenced by passing the examinations given by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as a nurse practitioner from an approved certification program recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer license to Texas.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from an approved certification program as recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer certification to Texas.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Correctional Managed Health Care (CMHC)
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Stand 1/3-2/3, walk 1/3-2/3, sit 1/3-2/3, Use hands to finger, handle, feel 2/3, reach with hands, arms 2/3,climb or balance 1/3, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 1/3-2/3, Talk or hear 2/3, lift up to 10 pounds 1/3-2/3, up to 25 to 100 pounds less than 1/3. Work moving mechanical parts 1/3, work in high, precarious places 1/3, fumes or airborne particles 1/3.
Hourly Pay Range
0 - 0
Monthly Pay Range
0 - 0
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Beginning in 1969 as Texas Tech University School of Medicine, today Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is a six-school university...