The Physician VP, National Hospitalist Service Line (NHSL) provides physician leadership for the NHSL and MBO Hospitalist Service Line Programs, across the multidisciplinary care continuum, inclusive of post- acute and innovative ambulatory services (e.g., extensivist clinics). This position will work collaboratively with CHI National Senior Physician leadership, MBO Hospitalist Service Line leadership, the National Clinical Services Group, Care Management, Virtual Health Services, and Performance Excellence to lead adoption of clinical quality standards and performance improvement initiatives to reduce variation in cost and quality and enhance care coordination; identify strategic opportunities; and to establish operational standards for hospitalist programs within CHI. Working with MBO Senior Hospitalist Service Line leadership, CHI National Senior Physician leadership and external partners, leads the development of the service line’s position in and contribution to the clinically integrated network.
Provides physician leadership to CHIs NHSL, including the development of CHIs priorities for service line, and the designation and oversight of hospitalist program performance metrics. Engages physicians, other senior leaders and subject matter experts in the development and implementation of system initiatives and evidence-based standard as needed.
2. Collaborates on the development of hospitalist program structures and standard processes, physician recruitment, physician compensation standards and processes with the NHSL Administrative VP.
3. Co-leads the NHSL Senior Leadership Team and Executive Council with the administrative VP for the service line.
4. Provides leadership and direction on the identification of opportunities to enhance quality and reduce cost through the reduction of clinical and non-clinical process variation, prioritization of development of national clinical pathways, incorporation of standards into physician peer review and performance management systems, integration of standards into electronic health record and data analytics systems, collaboration on virtual health services opportunities, physician satisfaction, and patient safety.
5. Leads the development of innovative models of care delivery, working with MBO Hospitalist Service Line Senior leadership, CHI Physician Enterprise and Strategy Executives, CHI Virtual Health Services, and both internal and external partners, including academic providers, to address the management of chronic disease both in the acute care setting and through clinically integrated networks and expansion of post-acute relationships.
6. Plays an active role in the identification, development, and mentoring of physician talent within programs. Manages physician / medical director performance, assisting program medical directors as a consultative resource as needed.
7. With the administrative VP for the NHSL, and through the NHSL Senior Leadership Team, provides high-level, data-driven oversight for the portfolio of programs across CHI, both contracted and employed.
- Medical Degree and board certification required; masters in healthcare administration or related field is preferred.
- Ten years of progressively responsible physician leadership experience which includes but may not be limited to hospitalist medicine; integrated healthcare system experience and experience in environments managing risk and population health preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-specialty groups of physicians.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dyadic leadership model.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers. CBCHI
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
St. Joseph Medical Center - 7 months ago