Reports To: Production Supervisor or Foreman
This is a senior-level position responsible for fitting the components of Exterran products. Works with a limited supervision within defined procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, including reading and interpreting GA’s, flowcharts and spool drawings
- Makes comparison of spool drawings to GA’s to assure correctness
- Capable of structural layout
- Works with different types and sizes of materials
- Positions fit pipe
- Safely operates iron worker, overhead cranes, rigging, pipe threading machine, welding machine, tube bending machine, and various pneumatic hand tools
- Assembly of components with some fabrication of equipment needed for the job with minimal supervision
- Decides when spooling where to leave field welds, when to put couplings in pipe, and where to brace pipe on skid
- Works well with other departments on location of tie-in points for instrument and auxiliary pipe
- Promotes and supports safety, production and positive attitude
- Primarily fabricates and assembles screwed piping, tubing, and associated brackets to all drawings provided
- Primarily installs and checks panels and end devices used. Lays out conduits and tubing or whatever is requested by supervisor or superintendent
- Primarily fabricates and/or assembles guards, platforms, and any other structure required
- Safely operates cutting torch and various power and hand tools
- Must pass a 3G welding test in order to be able to tack weld vessels together.
- Must pass a 6G welding test for tacking vessels and pipe
- Must be able to tack and use grinder
- High school diploma or equivalent; and five+ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have experience operating other shop equipment (e.g., overhead crane, hand tools)
- Must have knowledge of different types and sizes of structural materials
- Must have knowledge of butt weld fittings
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job also requires following all HSE policies and guidelines while supporting the Company’s core values and demonstrating the Company’s operating principles.
- Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- May be required to work at heights of up to 25 feet
- Must meet all OSHA regulations
Our core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define our culture. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. Perhaps you should be the next among us.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Exterran - 18 months ago
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...