Location: Newark, OH - US
Manufacturing Production Shift Leader
The Production Shift Leader is accountable to lead the pipe insulation manufacturing operation and personnel within a rotating shift environment. The Production Shift Leader manages and oversees all shift operations in a manner that enhances the plant’s safety, engagement, cost, productivity, efficiency, quality, and customer service.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to the Plant Complex Leader.
- Lead operations and 50+ personnel assigned to rotating shift.
- Drive workgroup to proactively achieve zero injuries / safety incidents.
- Resource shift in order to meet production schedules.
- Maximize quality and quantity of product delivered to warehouse to satisfy customer needs.
- Minimize controllable costs.
- Sustain high levels of product quality, with a target of zero quality defects or complaints.
- Communicate expectations and hold team members accountable for delivering exceptional performance results.
- Foster an environment that promotes teamwork and inclusion.
- Maintain plant housekeeping expectations.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required.
- Minimum 3-5 years leadership / supervisory experience required.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Union experience required.
About Owens Corning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel, as required (0 - 5%).
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to build strong team alignment and communication.
- Ability to coach and guide for results.
- Leads through safety and corporate vision.
- Possesses strong process and financial acumen.
- Possesses strong change management skills.
- Ability to effectively drive for results in a union environment.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune® 500 Company for 58 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability by delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011 and about 15,000 employees in 28 countries on five continents. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company is a top...