Location: Newark, OH - US
Manufacturing Production Shift Leader
The Production Shift Leader is accountable to lead the pipe insulation manufacturing operation and personnel within a rotating shift environment. The Production Shift Leader manages and oversees all shift operations in a manner that enhances the plant’s safety, engagement, cost, productivity, efficiency, quality, and customer service.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to the Plant Complex Leader.
- Lead operations and 50+ personnel assigned to rotating shift.
- Drive workgroup to proactively achieve zero injuries / safety incidents.
- Resource shift in order to meet production schedules.
- Maximize quality and quantity of product delivered to warehouse to satisfy customer needs.
- Minimize controllable costs.
- Sustain high levels of product quality, with a target of zero quality defects or complaints.
- Communicate expectations and hold team members accountable for delivering exceptional performance results.
- Foster an environment that promotes teamwork and inclusion.
- Maintain plant housekeeping expectations.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required.
- Minimum 3-5 years leadership / supervisory experience required.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Union experience required.
About Owens Corning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel, as required (0 - 5%).
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to build strong team alignment and communication.
- Ability to coach and guide for results.
- Leads through safety and corporate vision.
- Possesses strong process and financial acumen.
- Possesses strong change management skills.
- Ability to effectively drive for results in a union environment.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune® 500 Company for 58 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability by delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011 and about 15,000 employees in 28 countries on five continents. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Owens Corning - 2 years ago
Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company is a top...