BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company, when you join us you become part of a team of 41,000 employees and 65,000 contractors working across operations and assets in 25 countries.
BHP Billiton Pinto Valley mine located at Miami, Arizona, USA produces copper and molybdenum concentrate, and will have an annual production capacity of approximately 60,000 tons of copper in concentrate.
You can be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The purpose for this role will be to:
In performing this role you will be accountable to:
- Provides Journeyman level knowledge, experience, and expertise in Pipefitter maintenance execution activities.
- Conduct Maintenance Execution activities safely and in accordance with schedules and plans by competent maintenance personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures.
- Correctly and uniformly applies critical controls for material risks.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
- Demonstrate commitment to the BHP Billiton Charter and Code of Business Conduct. Adheres to laws, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements
- Delivers against targets and budgets for Safety, Maintenance Execution, Equipment Availability, and Cost
- Ensure critical controls for material risks are in place and effective, and that standards and specifications are adhered to
- Completes work on schedule
- Positively influence the culture to ensure a safe, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
- Support initiatives to optimize existing business systems, processes, practices, and equipment to improve the overall performance of the function
- Complies with collective bargaining agreement
To be considered, the successful candidate will be a Journeyman level or have equivalent experience, preferably in Mining . Candidates must also have detailed knowledge of theories and practices in layout, welding and fabrication.
Candidates must have the ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Experience using GSAP or 1SAP is considered favorably.
Candidates must successfully complete in house testing as required. Applicants must hold a current US Drivers License without restrictions.
This role you will be based at the BHP Billiton Pinto Valley Mine located near Miami, Arizona, USA.
Remuneration and Benefits
A sign on bonus of $6,000 is applicable for this role.
BHP Billiton offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, retirement savings plan and more.
Domestic relocation benefits are available for applicable candidates (no international relocation is available for this role).
How to Apply:
To apply, enter the position reference at our website by the closing date. Please ensure you attach a current resume as part of your online application.
Local Conditions Apply
BHP Billiton Pinto Valley supports diversity in our workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Applicants from a wide sector of the community, including women and multi cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
BHP Billiton reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the closing date.
BHP Billiton - 22 months ago
Two heads (or headquarters) are better than one. Aussie minerals and oil company BHP Limited acquired UK miner Billiton plc in 2001. The...