Would you like to join an employee-owned organization of people who serve to lead, take pride in the quality of their work, and who continuously strive to improve by focusing on best practices?
TDIndustries has been named by Fortune Magazine as one of the 100 Best Places to Work for 16 years in a row. We are recognized as a leader in the construction industry and have received numerous awards from the Associated Builders and Contractors. Our employees take great pride in the work they perform and consider their projects as contributions to society. We help build the schools, hospitals and office buildings that provide valuable services to their communities. We are changing the skylines of the cities in which we work.
We currently seek experience Pipefitters to work in the Midland\Odessa area. The successful candidate will be responsible for proper layout and installation of all types HVAC piping systems and equipment. Experience and knowledge of Victaulic, carbon steel and copper systems is required. The candidate will be often required to work 10 hour days, and must be able to spend extended amounts of time away from the DFW area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies specifications, building plans and shop drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installation.
- Inspects the structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of the structure resulting from the installation of pipe.
- Lays out and marks position of pipe and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors using ruler, level, square and plumb bob.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and fittings using hand and power tools.
- Sets-up equipment and weld parts using arc, submerged arc, gas-shielded arc, mig and tig machines; help excavate, backfill and tamp ditches using shovels, picks and tampers; help cut, ream, solder, braze, fuse, solvent weld, groove, and thread pipe using measuring tools, pipe cutters, torches, beveling machines, reamers, bolts, screws, fittings, alloys, gaskets, solvent cement, fusing machine, groove and pipe-threading machines.
- Lays-out, positions, aligns, fits, tack-welds, assembles and installs valves, hangers, pipe and fittings composed of metals such as iron, steel, aluminum, brass, copper and nonmetals such as fiberglass and plastic using hand tools, roustabouts, grasshoppers, come-alongs, chin falls and power tools.
- Bends pipe by hand or with a pipe-bending machine.
- Fills pipe systems with water or air to determine system leaks.
- Installs, maintains and repairs air-conditioning and refrigeration systems including compressors, pumps, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping and similar mechanical accessories.
- Helps plumbers, pipefitter/welders, sheetmetal workers or HVAC workers as needed.
Other Benefits / Incentives: $100/day per diem for days worked out of town .
- Prefer at least five (5) years in the mechanical contracting industry.
- Deisred OSHA 10 hr, Scissor Lift Certificate
- Stable work history in prior jobs.
- Ability to read and interpret written materials; perform basic mathematical computations and use measuring tools.
- Ability to identify basic trade materials by size, shape and function.
- Able to safely use small power tools and hand tools
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly; independently lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally; climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions including excessive heat and cold, noise, vibrations, dust, fumes, oils, wear a portable respirator and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Ability to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite, e.g.; uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting.
- Ability to work the schedule required by job demands and willingness to participate in a formal Career Path Program.
- Ability to be on the job site daily to check progress, inspect work and conduct meetings to resolve issues.
When Texas building owners and operators feel the heat, they count on TDIndustries. The specialty contractor installs heating, ventilation,...