Release Date: 06/21/12 Revision No.: 03
Position Summary: Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and maintains piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems, on basis of knowledge of system operation and study of building plans or working drawings.
Example of Activities:
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications
- Cuts pipe, using hacksaw, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and, and pipe cutting machine
- Assembles and installs metal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, or lead
- Joins piping by means of threaded, caulked, wiped, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints
- Secures pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems including pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping
- Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks
- May weld holding fixtures to structural steel members.
- Able to read a folding rule to nearest fraction of an inch
- Able to read an engineers rule to nearest hundredth of a foot
- Reads and interprets drawings
- Visualizes objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings
- Lifts and carries objects weighing up to 150 pounds
- Climbs and maintains balance on high ladders and scaffolds
- Able to work on structural steel up to 250 feet in height
- Shoots grade by use of grade rod, transit, level, and/or laser
- Operates power tools including pipe cutter, pipe bender, welder, grinder, and sander
- May require appropriate training and licensing to perform some tasks
- May be required to use hand signals to direct equipment operators
- May be required to rig and unrig materials per company policy
Essential knowledge, skills and responsibilities:
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
Valued but not required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Prefer minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in water and/or wastewater construction (industrial construction)
Physical demands and work environment: Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Requires willingness to work in a field (job-site) environment. Expose to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, noise, and other conditions common to a construction site. Contractual obligations may require irregular hours, weekend, and holidays.
E-Verify Statement: This employer participates in E-Verify.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Western Summit Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action and at will employer. Minorities, women, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to inquire about all open positions.
NO PERDIUM OFFERED.
General sign-off: Employees in this position may be required to perform essential and non-essential functions in addition to those listed. I have read and understand this explanation and job description.
ConstructionJobs.com - 12 months ago