We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Construction Manager to join us in our Portland office. Primary responsibilities include managing large construction projects in the water and wastewater engineering industry and overseeing staff who perform construction and field inspection. The initial assignment will be construction of 10 miles of large diameter raw and finished water pipeline in an urban setting. This project is part of a larger construction program.
- Perform construction management oversight and administration on large diameter pipeline project. Alignment on state highway will require night shift work.
- Oversee project quality assurance, budget management, and constructability reviews.
- Supervise field staff and inspectors.
- Ensure compliance for all construction team members with company’s and client’s health and safety training requirements.
- Perform or oversee the work of others as outlined below.
- Schedule, attend, and participate in required project and client meetings.
- Perform construction phase reviews and facilitate and coordinate permit compliance.
- Provide construction site reviews which may include daily site inspections to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications, standards, and codes.
- Become familiar with the project plans and specifications for enforcement of their requirements.
- Coordinate in the field with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, designers, and regulatory agencies.
- Measure and record pay quantities.
- Prepare daily reports documenting weather, equipment, manpower, and construction activities, and daily progress photos.
- Review and track contractor's schedule.
- Document work not performed in accordance with the plans/specifications and advise the contractor’s superintendent.
- Prepare preliminary punch lists.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 10 years of related experience
- Recent experience with large diameter pipeline construction in an urban setting
- Proven ability to deal with local stakeholders, including affected private citizens along the route and others
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices involved with major projects
- Proven technical writing skills
- Knowledge of standard software such as MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Brown and Caldwell - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Brown and Caldwell is headed straight to the gutter -- to clean it up. The employee-owned firm provides environmental consulting and...