Conducts monitoring and scheduling assignments related to all Pipeline quality and quantity controls at all times with minimal supervision. May provide training and guidance to less experienced staff
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Monitors and maintains around the clock controls on the incoming crude and on the shipments of refined product on various pipelines
- Monitors system loads and controls system flow directly or through local staff to maintain effective flow within scheduled requirements revising as necessary to allow for unforeseen events
- Responds to equipment and power failures by re-routing or re-scheduling flows
- Works independently to balance the pipelines based on purchases and shipments
- Liaises regularly with other company and non-company facilities during operations or maintenance activities
- Oversees “dig test” one call system, monitoring one calls, and dispatching to the location as needed
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their manager, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of 3 years of pipeline experience is required. Experience as a field technician is preferred.
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Working knowledge of pipeline control center board software, flow diagrams, and basic knowledge of overall pipeline operations. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and integrate new processes quickly and efficiently; self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, and make quick decisions as needed. Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a basic level.
Pipeline control room based.
Job conditions require sitting, talking, hearing, making visual inspections and making precise hand & finger movements. Job conditions may require standing, walking, reaching, grasping, and the ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates, and valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
Please visit us at http://www.hollyfrontier.com/employment-opportunities/ to view and apply for current opportunities with HollyFrontier Corporation. Application must be submitted by 4:00 pm on Monday May 6, 2013.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer
HollyFrontier Corporation - 20 months ago